Translate

Friday 7 February 2014

As crooked as a dog's hind leg...

So our rather revealing discussions about honesty continued this week with some shocking revelations!

After reading a short text about cheating and copying in exams...

Me: So Alex did you cheat when you were at school?

Alex: Of course!

As if I asked "Is it raining today?"

"Of course!"

Or

Me: "You copy in your exams?"

"Yes"

Me: "But you're studying to be a vet, vas a matar los animales (you're going to kill the animals)!"

And this was just the start of our students dark secrets! My eyes have been opened up to a new level, clearly my life was even more sheltered than I thought!

I mean, if students in Spain put as much effort into actually studying for exams instead of spending that time thinking of ways to make 'chuletas' (notes on pieces of paper) they would probably pass legitimately!

Two stories in particular have now tarnished my innocence.

1. "My brother cheats in exams and at school all the time. The last time I saw him emptying the inside of a rubber so he could screw up a piece of paper with notes on and put it inside ready for his test!"

Surely he must have some level of intelligence to think of doing that in the first place!?

2. "When I was at school I remember the girls used to staple pieces of paper to the inside of their skirts and look at them during the exam."

This I thought might even work in the UK because let's face it, if a teacher complained about that method of cheating they would probably be the ones who ended up being punished.

Although after all these discussions what concerns me most is that their are now 'qualified' doctors, engineers, vets etc. that copied all through university and quite possibly don't know what they need to know. So be careful when you cross a bridge in Spain, you never know how qualified the engineer actually is!



No comments:

Post a Comment